Act of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) towards the environment where the project work places are located in and positive gestures towards the affected local residents can be considered as a continual effort by our Clients and its appointed nominees (e.g. contractor, supplier and consultant etc) to ensure successful practice of ‘sustainability’.
The practice of sustainability is a methodology used to create long term values by seizing the opportunities and managing risks that emerge from economic, environmental and social developments.
Stakeholders such as our Clients and its appointed nominees, including Jurutera Jasa (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd, should be aware of global environment issues and man’s processes which can affect the delicate balance of nature.
As such, Jurutera Jasa (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd is obliged to execute the Clients’ act of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by:
- causing minimal inconveniences to the native inhabitants in the areas where we will work in
- protecting the environment through commendable work ethics, professional judgment and good practices while executing and fulfilling our tasks
- For the Less Fortunate in Our Communities: We will volunteer time, provide financial assistance, and contribute our skills to improve the wellbeing of those who are more deprived and less fortunate in our communities. We will continue to do this in the company level as well as on personal level of the directors and employees directly as well as by partnering charitable organizations outside of our company.
- For Advancement of Science and Technology We will do our part to contribute to advancement of science and technology by providing training opportunities to engineering students in our workplaces and sponsoring research PhD programs in local universities when opportunity arises.
- Minority Interest We are aware of the disproportionately low number of Bumiputra professionals and skilled workers in the field of engineering and are committed to recruit and train more Sarawak Bumiputra engineers and technical staffs.
- Career Movement We will continue to provide opening for career upgrading within the company for those who had missed the opportunity for higher education and technical skill training before joining our company. E.g. four of our previous Office Despatches have successfully been re-designated as Draughtsperson/CAD Operators after providing them with in-house training opportunity.
- Opportunity for The Physically Challenged When situation arises and wherever possible, we will give priority to the physically challenged to fill suitable position in our company.
Need a Consultation?
Get in touch with our specialist engineers to discuss about your prospective projects and we will advise how we can best service your needs and add value to your proposition.